{Taipei Day 2}: Wu Fen Pu, Taipei 101, Eslite Bookstore

So we took a cab to 五分铺 as it was faster and more cost-effective, along the way we passed by the gorgeous Taipei 101!

They really make browsing through clothes very difficult for us shoppers by putting them all in a bag like that!

To be honest, the clothes there don't really suit me, but it was still an experience. I bought 3 dresses there, and 1 didn't suit me, the other 2 were too short.

Cute dogs! But the one behind the white shirt lady seems to be neglected.

After that, we proceeded to take the MRT to Taipei City Hall station as we wanted to visit Taipei 101!

As we walked into the Taipei 市正府 (government building), I was actually quite surprised with what I saw! The offices inside the building were all open-concept, we have law department, finance department, economic department all laid out side by side.... I always thought government buildings should be quite secretive?

Our legs were really on the verge of breaking, so we decided to just sit outside on MRT station for awhile.
LOL, camgirls!!! (Not very nice to use the word 'whore')

Yay, here's the gorgeous Taipei 101 at night! We decided that there's no need for us to go up to the observatory tower as we heard that there is always a queue and we should probably spend the money on other things.
Had someone take a photo for three of us :) Even though we did not get close to Taipei 101, the view from afar is still amazing!
 
 Then we headed back to the basement of the train station, and entered the Eslite building from the basement level. 

 The one we went to was the main flagship store in Xinyi district. 

I always thought that 诚品书店 (Eslite bookstore) is just a bookstore, but actually it has expanded to become a shopping centre that sells everything! But of course I was more interested in the bookstore itself, seeing that it's always being mentioned in those Taiwan variety shows.

 Once again, we took a break at a frozen yogurt store before heading up to the bookstore!

Camgirls in the toilet!

Lo and behold....the (side) entrance of the legendary Eslite bookstore!

There's really a large variety of books inside the bookstore, this is definitely a heaven for bookworms! You can actually pick out your favourite book, take a seat at the bench and start reading, how great!


I wanted to get some books on basic Japanese language but it seems like they didn't have it at all, all they had were books who are suitable for people who already have some knowledge of Japanese!

It's ok, because I found my heaven eventually!! I was already feeling quite dejected as I had nothing to buy from the novel area (I have my Kindle), so decided to just walk around the whole bookstore while my friends did some reading on the benches. I then chanced upon the 'Design' area and saw this shack that's specially dedicated to cameras and photography.......!!!! Imagine my joy, I was truly so happy!
See, they have books specially dedicated to owners of the particular camera models! A pity that they were written in Chinese, I would have got them if they were written in English.

I got this book in the end. It's a photo book, with photos that the Taiwanese author took everywhere in Taiwan, along with her personal thoughts! I love books like this. 

I actually feel weird walking into this area with the books on my hands, because I have phobia of being 'caught for stealing', but this is not 'outside'! #complicated

After an hour or so, we headed up to level 4 and found ourselves in this whole level that display lots of beautiful paper goods and handicrafts (My heaven again).But of course, they all come with a heavy price tag.
LOL. I really can't resist taking pictures of such beautiful things, so don't blame me for not heeding instructions!

Just beside the exit of Eslite, we have the Agnes B cafe! Agnes Chee, you should definitely visit this for your next Taipei trip, hahaha! :p


 Before we left the Eslite building, accompanied CC to the basement to get some Bak Kwa for her mother, in the end, all of us bought something from here too! Anyway, the Bak Kwa here is good, better than Bee Cheng Hiang (personal opinion)!

No worries, their product do not contain 瘦肉精!

We didn't get to visit Shin Kong Mitsukoshi, which is also a leading departmental store in Taipei!

Home Sweet Home! :D It's a long day the day after too! *Yawns*

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author