Hachiko Monogatari

Before I start on my project, I really want to rave about this movie - Hachiko Monogatari! I borrowed this title as I thought it would be good saturday-night movie for the whole family. As I guessed, my mother and I teared buckets! So touching. This movie is really a must-watch for dog lovers, non-dog lovers should also catch it, you will grow to love dogs! This show is also good if you have tears hidden in the tearducts but they won't seem to flow out. The one I watched is the first version - the Japanese one that was filmed in 1987! There is another American version that stars Richard Gere.

"In 1924, Hidesaburo Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo took in Hachiko as a pet. During his owner's life Hachiko saw him out from the front door and greeted him at the end of the day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return on the usual train one evening. The professor had suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage at the university that day. He died and never returned to the train station where his friend was waiting. Hachiko was loyal and every day for the next nine years he waited sitting there amongst the town's folk."
Credits

This movie is based on a true story! Till today, one can still see Hachiko's bronze statue stand tall at Shibuya Station in Tokyo, Japan.

I swear one day I am going to visit this statue! WHAT A GOOD MOVIE! T.T (My mum thinks so too, she's re-watching the earlier part of the movie now!!!)

(Written on 23 July 2011)

2 comments:

Xueyin Ong said...

YES i've heard this is a really good movie! My (male) lecturer said he watched this with his family and he cried alot HAHA!

- said...

Haha yes yes!!! A very good movie!!! Go watch on Funshion!!! I thought the beginning part was quite boring though, I skipped to 47 minutes ++ wor, HAHAHAHA!

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author