My grandma's house

Now that I am back in Singapore, just thought that I can do an "orientation" of my grandma's (外婆) house in Rengit (龙引), a small town in Malaysia.

We don't originally stay here, we just moved into this new house on the 1 Jan of this year. Our old house, where my grandparents stayed in their whole lives, is just beside this house, it is still currently being used as an office by my uncle.

I took this photo last year, when it is still in the midst of construction.

What it looks like now.

Outside the house, there's a set of table and chairs, where one can just chill there with a cup of coffee (provided that the weather doesn't kill).

and admire the vast blue sky.....

Not forgetting to take a reflection photo:)

Look at what I did! :( I was flying kite outside the house and it got tangled together with the wire. My RM$4 kite!

Moving on, this is the living room. I especially love the L-shaped sofa! It's really a comfortable place to fall asleep on.


Some handmade Chinese New Year decorations!

The dining area and the kitchen.

The karaoke room! I don't normally hang out here though, because I prefer outdoor activities.

As explained by one of my relatives, they are rain water converters! We need it when there's no supply of water from the tap.

A man-made furnace to burn the rubbish. It's harmful to the environment, but they have been doing this all their lives.

So random; a papaya tree.

A small lane outside the house, leading to the village-like houses. Be it rain or shine, I cycled along this lane everyday, for the past one week. Cycling in Malaysia is really one of my favourite activities! It's also how I got to discover so many works of nature; animals, flowers....I also discovered my love for cycling in the rain..:)


4 comments:

Xueyin Ong said...

WA YOUR GRANDMA'S HOUSE IS SUPER BIG

JASMINE said...

you are back in singapore?! miss you! can i go your malaysia house and stay?

Amanda said...

ya your grandma's house is really huge!!!!! haha i wna go there also!

- said...

To all: okok all come my grandma's house stay next time! Camp outside the parade square, muahahahahahaha! :p

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author