No Regrets


If you are in need of a good Hong Kong drama fix at this moment, this should be your ultimate choice.

"No Regrets." 巾帼枭雄之义海豪情. Jing Guo Xiao Xiong Zi Yi Hai Hao Qing. Should be the most difficult-to-pronounce drama title ever. I had a hard time trying to find the link of this series because I don't even know how to pronunce this title hence had a hard time trying to figure out the han yu pin yin.

Despite it being only June now, I can already say it's the BEST HONG KONG DRAMA THAT I HAVE WATCHED THIS YEAR.

This series made me teared, laughed, smiled, clench my fist, all the way till 4am in the morning.

Sypnosis

Guangzhou is in a state of political turmoil in the 1930s. Gangsters are on a rampage and opium trading becomes rampant. As they watch the illicit profits from opium trading escalate, the government forms the Anti-Smoking Bureau under the guise of suppressing opium, but the bureau is under the influence of CHENG LONG-KWAN (Yueh Hua), the gang’s kingpin. His eldest daughter CHENG KAU-MUI (Sheren Tang Shui Man) who is an unscrupulous person soon returns from Shanghai to reap the rewards. MUI meticulously plans her every move.

On the other hand, LAU SING (Wayne Lai Yiu Cheung) is the leader of the Criminal Investigation Team. He has worked hard all his life to ensure an easy trail for his family, especially for his bed-ridden younger sister LAU CHING (Fala Chen). Despite his hot temper, he values friendship and brotherhood more than anything else. Once, he almost sacrificed his life to help his timid teammate, TONG KAT (Pierre Ngo).

It is fated that MUI and SING should meet each other and survive many calamities. It is also fated that both are fierce contenders who will never give in, although mutual understanding and affection slowly grows between them.

Meanwhile, the Japanese army invades China and Guangzhou falls into the hands of the Japanese. MUI enters the darkest time in her life when her aunt CHENG LONG-HEI (Susan Tse) frames her.

Will SING always be by her side?

Because of this drama, I have officially turned into a fan of Sheren Tang (starred as Cheng Kau Mui here). Love how she can can act, seriously. I have officially dubbed her as the best actress in TVB (in my heart). Of course, she's not only being recognised by me, she has already won the Best Actress Award given out by TVB for 2 consecutive years 2009 and 2010.

Not every drama allows me to feel this touched. This drama do. Ok, actually, most of the Hong Kong drama makes me feel touched towards the end. BUT, THIS SERIES IS REALLY THE BEST!

Seeing how Lau Sing and Cheng Kau Mui plot together against the Japanese really makes my heart pound. However, the bad thing is that, their relationship is as platonic as you can imagine. No kisses. No hugs. Ok, there's hugs, just like the one in the picture above, because Cheng Kau Mui has gotten addicted to opium (long story), so Lau Sing is trying to hug her to prevent her from going out to get her opium fix. They are just BFFs. It's only till the last few episodes of the series, then they finally got together. By then, it's too late for me. LOL. I don't have the fetish to see old couples hug and kiss.

Here's the link if you wanna watch!

I want to learn to speak Cantonese!

3 comments:

Yunkay said...

I can teach you Cantonese! Ngo hai gong fu mui!

peanuuut said...

Omg!!!! Thx for the link man!!! My fav drama now also!

- said...

Bug: LOL! You are kungfu mei? LAME BODOH! HAHAHA!

ZHENGYI: :) HEHE! ENJOY!

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author