Day 7 In Malaysia

Visited my cousin's school with her, as she had to return to guide the freshmen for their 3d2n scouts camp! The previous day, I accompanied her to watch them carry out the programmes too, it's really very interesting! The awkward dances that they have to do..the games that they have to play..all in the name of bonding, haha, totally reminds me of my younger days in band.

Photobucket
Photo taken from the car, that explains the not-so-obvious "shadows" on the buildings!

Photobucket

Photobucket
These buildings in the photos reminded me of my primary school: the buildings, the surroundings..etc! I wished I took more photos! The day before, I had an opportunity to walk around the school and have my cousin explain to me the "features" here, but unfortunately I did not bring along my camera, I should have! Lots of photo-worthy moments!

Photobucket
The canteen for the students! A really simple one. Please don't complain that there's not enough varieties of food in your school anymore.

After that, along with our aunt, we drove to quite a few places to get the ingredients for our BBQ at night. In a way or so, the BBQ was planned for me, as I rarely stay over in Malaysia for so long! :))

First stop: Ali Chicken rice stall
Where we bought raw chicken wings! No photos taken though, but it seems that the place was definitely popular for chicken rice, we saw large families strolling into the shop.

Photobucket
This photo definitely has room for improvements! But really, the weather was killing me, I just had to hastily manage a shot and run back to the car. Oh yes, check out the fluffiness of the clouds!

Next stop: Pasar Pagi (Also known as market)
Where people gathered to sell a variety of fresh produce or other market goods.

I did asked my younger cousins to tag along with us, but it seems that they weren't interested at all, quoting them, Pasar Pagi is: "hot", "smelly", "dark", and the youngest one even went to the extent of exclaiming that no matter how bored he was, he would rather stay at home than tag along with us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Just went to google "Pasar Tani", it means 'farmers' market', where farmers sell their produce directly to the consumers! But I feel a little bewildered, because the people tending the stalls don't look like farmers at all??

Photobucket

Photobucket
Along the way, my bulky DSLR attracted lots of attention! Most of the looks given to me were of curious ones, most of them must have thought that I was a tourist! As a matter of fact, I am one!

Photobucket
When I first walked past this fish stall, I really wanted to take a photo for my parents badly! But I didn't dare to, as not everybody likes to have their photo taken by strangers! However, the owners surprised me by signalling me to take photos of their fishes!

If you'd like to know, the descriptions that my younger cousins gave of Pasar Pagi, were all true, LOL.

Photobucket
Marinated chicken wings for BBQ-ing!

Photobucket
Building fire on the charcoals!

That's all for now!:)

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author