Human nature

Everything happens for a reason, they say.

Most of the time, I still think, it's better to keep things within myself. Why is that so? Not that I do not trust the people around me.

It's just that, haven't you realised that, some things that you regard as significant/important, when gone out of the mouth, just suddenly become not so important anymore?

I mean, when you tell your friend something, it could be a secret, or something important to you, hoping to get at least some reaction/advice/attention. But in the end, the reaction you got from your friend, is just a "Oh, is it?" Won't you feel hurt? Won't you regret telling that person such an important stuff? Suddenly, everything loses its meaning, you wished you didn't tell it to that person, you wished that person forgets about what you have just said to her.

If it's kept within you, you'll never have to face this problem. Of not receiving enough attention that you think that "it" should deserve. Ultimately, I think, you are the only person in the world who will be giving enough attention to your own stuff.

Sad to say, I don't really think that people actually cares/bothers about other people' problems. If they do, trust me, it's just in the beginning, when they are feeling curious, they will probe and probe, to ask you what's going on. But towards the stage when everything is already known, they will no longer care about what's happening to you. People are all curious animals. I am too. So, I just want to apologise to my friends, whom I have probably not given enough attention to, like what's mentioned above.

How often do you meet a friend who does exactly the opposite? Who cares to listen to your problem, from the beginning till the end? If you do meet someone like that, keep him/her, don't lose a gem like that.

So, there are some things that I'll never tell others. For eg: Life plans, my dreams/goals, etc. If I do tell you, it must be because, I actually think you are a good listener, a good adviser, and most importantly, a good friend. :)

Human nature. Afterall.

A good friend once told me that, I have sort of changed from a very cheerful person in the past to a skeptical person now. I don't think this is a type of change that occurs overnight. Most of the time, it's just the things you see/encounter in life, that shapes up your beliefs. I am not being emotional, just being honest with myself.

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author