CNY @ Chinatown 2012

SAM_5420

Chinese New Year decorations

SAM_5423

Dragon body for the Dragon Year

Chinese New Year in Chinatown 2012

SAM_5410

Chinese New Year goodies!

SAM_5406

Tangerines (Fake) in a cloth basket!

Prosperity cat statue

Angry Bird balloons looking evil.

SAM_5398

SAM_5399

SAM_5397

SAM_5393

Chopsticks that carries the zodiac signs.

Chopstick (for Year of the Rat)

SAM_5390

SAM_5388

SAM_5385

Shop selling traditional CNY goodies.



SAM_5382

New Year clothes for the kids!

SAM_5377

SAM_5373

SAM_5376

With my office just a few streets away from Chinatown, there's really no excuse for me not to visit this area. No more complaining that I do not have the time and opportunity to visit Chinatown every CNY!

As usual, I'm really loving Chinatown! Especially love acting like a tourist there, fighting for the same photography spots with other tourists :)

I wonder how you guys find the decorations there this year? I thought it was just moderately impressive, with the big Dragon decoration at the middle of the road.

Okok, Wei Ling hereby wishes everyone a happy Chinese New Year! May all of you get many many Hongbaos! :D Enjoy the good food! I really can't wait to have popping hot steamboat with my families! Love steamboats.

PS: If you are careful enough, you'll actually notice that some photos above really potray an evil look. HAHAHA.

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author