Chun Xi Road, Chengdu

Chengdu - street scene with cabs
Credits to : bmtpix

I was looking through the photos of Chengdu that people uploaded on Flickr, and I found this.

This is Chun Xi Road, a very famous shopping district, in Chengdu. I have been to this place when I was in Chengdu. There are lots of shopping centres (And the apparels they sell inside costs a bomb too!). I didn't really got myself anything there. I only bought a few books in a bookstore. The books in China are really cheap, a petty most of them are in Chinese language, even those bestsellers! I remembered treating my cousin a meal in Pizzahut. Heh, I have the mindset that, money isn't money when they are in other currencies other than the Singapore Dollar!

Look at the amount of traffic. It's crazy! I wouldn't dare to cross the road if there wasn't an overhead bridge. The time spent there would be perfect if we did not have an allocated time to report to. This is the reason why joining a tour sucks. Imagine chilling in a cafe, people-watching, it would be perfect!

Looking at photos like this makes me regret; why didn't I capture more shots like this. Instead, I only took photos of those touristy attractions, that can be found commonly on the net. Must make a mental note to myself not to make this mistake in the future!

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author